To perform one or more of the following:
- Engage in coastal modelling, research and applications relevant to
environmental impact assessment (hydrodynamics and water quality).
- Engage in regional ocean/wind-waves/weather modelling, research and
applications relevant to climate change downscaling.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor, Master or PhD, specializing in ocean, coastal, or weather modelling.
- Experience in regional models like ROMS, NEMO, HYCOM, SWAN, WRF, etc.
- Experience in coastal environmental models like MIKE3, SELFE, etc.
- Able to independently examine CFD codes and make scientific enhancements.
- Solid analytical, mathematical and numerical skills.
- Competent skills in FORTRAN and Linux.
- Good oral and written English communication.
Employment terms is a yearly renewable contract. Promising candidates
shall be assured of continued employment and prospects with the Institute.
Short term attachments/internships can be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.